UV Disinfection System

Why UV?

Water is a resource that many of us take for granted. We turn on the shower, the kitchen faucet, the garden hose, and out pours an endless supply of fresh, clean water.What many may not realize, though, is that our water supply is not a never-ending supply and it is not as clean as it may appear. Chlorine is popularly used but it is unable to effectively treat some of the harmful bacteria found in water. Exposure to certain harmful bacteria can cause severe gastrointestinal illness and even death among people with compromised immune systems.

Ultraviolet (UV) technology is more effective than chemicals in destroying certain waterborne contaminants without altering the taste of water. This makes it a practical process for treating water used for drinking and food preparation.

Treating our water supply with the use of UV disinfection is not only more effective than traditional treatments, it is also an environmentally responsible way of treating our water. There are no disinfection by-products with the use of UV, which is safe and chemical-free. Plus, UV does not alter the water chemistry or pH, taste, odor or color.

Purchasing a UV disinfection system for your home has a capital low cost as well as low operational cost. The energy used by a UV disinfection system in an average size home is comparable to the same energy used by a 40W bulb!

Advanced Features

  • Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites, such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
  • The ultraviolet lamp can be changed without interrupting the water flow.
  • Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.